Designer Blinds And Plantations specialises in custom-made, affordable alfresco blinds for both residential and commercial use in New South Wales and Queensland. They excel in applying modern technology to provide solutions for living, working, and exterior spaces. They offer a wide range of options to suit all budgets and requirements.
They are a family-owned business servicing Sydney, NSW South Coast, NSW North Coast, Brisbane, Gold Coast and Sunshine Coast with highly trained and fully insured installers They can guarantee you peace of mind for many years to come.
Being 100% Australian Owned and Operated, they can provide superior service, competitive pricing, and warranties on all their products. They take the hassle out of shopping for the right exterior coverings by coming directly to you.
Each alfresco blind is custom-built in their Campbelltown Sydney, NSW factory to your exact specifications and installed by their experienced fitters.
They pride themselves in quality workmanship, and you can rest assured that you will receive a feature that will not only add value to your property, and reduce your energy bills, it will also look great at the same time.
When it comes to creating a comfortable and stylish outdoor living area, there’s no denying the transformative power of alfresco blinds. These versatile and practical additions not only provide shade and protection from the elements but also enhance the aesthetic appeal of your outdoor space. Whether you have a spacious patio, a cozy balcony, or a sprawling backyard, alfresco blinds offer an array of benefits that can greatly improve your overall outdoor experience. In this blog post, we will delve into the world of alfresco blinds, exploring their features, advantages, and different types available in the market. So, let’s dive in and discover how these blinds can help you create an inviting and functional outdoor oasis.
The Advantages of Alfresco Blinds
Protection from Sun and Weather:
- Alfresco blinds act as a shield against harsh sunlight, providing shade and reducing heat, making your outdoor space more comfortable. They also offer some protection from unpredictable weather conditions like rain, wind, and dust, allowing you to enjoy your outdoor area throughout the year. regardless of the season or climate.
- Privacy is crucial for any outdoor space. With alfresco blinds, you can create a secluded and intimate environment, shielding your area from prying eyes. Whether you’re enjoying a family gathering, hosting a party, or simply relaxing with a book, these blinds offer a sense of privacy without compromising on style.
Versatility and Flexibility:
- Alfresco blinds come in various styles, materials, and designs, offering a wide range of options to suit your personal preferences and the overall aesthetics of your outdoor area. From traditional straight drop tension roller blinds to sleek and modern motorized track blinds, you can choose the type that complements your outdoor décor and seamlessly integrates with your existing structure.
- Extended exposure to harmful UV rays can have detrimental effects on your skin and furniture. Alfresco blinds with UV-resistant materials provide an additional layer of protection against harmful rays, minimizing the risk of sunburn and preventing fading or damage to your outdoor furniture and fixtures.
Types of Alfresco Blinds
- Roller blinds such as Multi-Stop blinds are a popular and cost-effective option for alfresco areas. They are versatile and can be customized to fit any size or shape of the space. These blinds are available in various materials such as PVC, sunscreen, and acrylic, allowing you to control the amount of sunlight, airflow, and privacy.
Straight Drop / Wire Guide Blinds:
- Retractable blinds such as Straight Drop or Wire Guided are perfect for those who prefer flexibility. They can be easily adjusted or completely retracted, providing you with the option to enjoy an open view or create a shaded and private area. These blinds are available in both manual and motorized versions, offering convenience and ease of use.
Deep Channel Blinds:
- Café blinds with the Deep Channel style are designed specifically for outdoor dining areas, patios, or balconies. They provide protection from wind, rain, and insects while allowing you to enjoy the surrounding view. Café blinds are typically made from clear or tinted PVC, providing a transparent barrier that maintains the outdoor feel without compromising comfort.
eZip / Ziptrak / Zipscreen Blinds:
- Track Blinds such as Ziptrak / Zipscreen / eZip blinds offer a sleek and modern solution for alfresco spaces. These blinds feature a guided and side-retained track system that allows for smooth and effortless operation. With eZip being the leader in this group, they are highly durable and provide excellent protection against wind, rain, and insects. Track blinds are available in a variety of colours and materials, ensuring a perfect fit for your outdoor space.
Choosing the Right Materials
When selecting alfresco blinds, it’s crucial to consider the materials based on durability, functionality, and aesthetics. Here are some common materials used in alfresco blinds:
Sunscreen mesh is by far the most popular choice for alfresco blinds as it offers excellent UV protection while maintaining visibility and airflow. It comes in various openness factors, indicating the amount of light and heat that can pass through.
PVC or plastic blinds are known for their resistance to moisture and there ability to retain heat, making them ideal for outdoor uses such as rain prevention and for shady spots. They are easy to clean and can withstand different weather conditions without fading.
Acrylic blinds are the traditional choice with a premium upgrade from their old “Canvas” profile. Often known for their ability to provide sun and rain protection, they now offer a high-quality and long-lasting performance solution. They offer superior UV resistance and are resistant to mold and mildew, making them suitable for all areas including coastal areas or humid climates.
Factors to Consider Before Installation
Before installing alfresco blinds, several factors should be taken into account:
Size and Space:
Measure the dimensions of your outdoor area to determine the appropriate size and number of blinds required.
Consider how you intend to use your outdoor space and choose blinds that align with your desired functionality, such as adjustable light filtering or complete privacy.
Set a budget for your alfresco blinds project, including the cost of materials, installation, and any additional features you may want.
Assess the prevalent weather conditions in your area, including wind strength, rainfall, and exposure to direct sunlight. This information will help you select blinds that are suitable for your specific climate.
The installation process for alfresco blinds may vary depending on the type and design you choose. It is recommended to hire a professional like Designer Blinds and Plantations for precise and efficient installation.
- Prepare the area: Clear the space and ensure it is clean and free from any obstructions that may hinder the installation process.
- Measure and mark: They will take accurate measurements of the windows or openings where the blinds will be installed. Mark the locations for brackets or tracks accordingly.
- Install brackets or tracks: They will attach the brackets or tracks securely to the desired location using screws or other recommended fasteners. They ensure they are level and properly aligned.
- Mount the blinds: They will carefully mount the blinds onto the brackets or tracks. Ensuring they are properly aligned and smoothly operating.
- Test and adjust: They will then test the blinds to ensure they operate smoothly and are properly aligned. They will make any necessary adjustments to ensure optimal functionality.
- Secure the blinds: Once you are satisfied with the installation, they will secure the blinds in place according to the manufacturer’s recommendations.
Where to Install Alfresco Blinds
Alfresco blinds offer endless possibilities for transforming your outdoor space. Here are some ideas for different areas:
Outdoor Dining Areas:
Create an inviting and comfortable dining space by installing alfresco blinds. Control the amount of sunlight and privacy, ensuring an enjoyable dining experience throughout the day. Opt for blinds that complement your patio furniture and decor.
Patio or Deck:
Transform your patio or deck into an all-weather retreat with alfresco blinds. Shield against harsh sun rays, gusty winds, and unexpected rain showers while maintaining an open-air feel. Choose blinds that coordinate with the colour scheme of your outdoor furniture and surroundings.
Verandas and Sunrooms:
Alfresco blinds are an excellent addition to verandas and sunrooms, providing a versatile solution for light and temperature control. Customize your space by selecting blinds that align with your desired level of privacy and ambience.
Enhance your pool area with alfresco blinds, creating a private oasis that offers protection from the sun and added privacy. Opt for blinds that are resistant to moisture and UV rays, ensuring they withstand the poolside environment.
Make the most of your balcony space by installing alfresco blinds. Enjoy privacy, shade, and wind protection, turning your balcony into a cozy retreat. Consider blinds that allow for partial or complete enclosure, depending on your preferences.
Maintenance and Care of Alfresco Blinds
To ensure the longevity and performance of your alfresco blinds, regular maintenance is essential. Here are a few simple tips to keep them in optimal condition:
- Clean your alfresco blinds regularly by gently wiping them with a soft cloth or sponge. Use a mild detergent or soap and water solution to remove dirt, dust, and stains. Avoid using abrasive cleaners or harsh chemicals, as they may damage the material.
- If you live in an area with extreme weather conditions or during the winter season, consider storing your alfresco blinds. Roll them up or retract them fully and keep them in a dry and sheltered area to prevent damage from snow, ice, or strong winds. If they have been subject to rain, allow them to dry before storing them up for long periods.
Inspect for Damage:
- Periodically inspect your blinds for any signs of wear, tear, or damage. Check the mechanisms, zippers, and tracks to ensure they are functioning properly. If you notice any issues, contact a professional to repair or replace the damaged parts.
Alfresco blinds are not only practical and functional but also add a touch of elegance to your outdoor space. With their ability to provide shade, protection, and privacy, these blinds offer a seamless connection between the indoors and outdoors, allowing you to make the most of your outdoor living area throughout the year. By choosing the right type of alfresco blinds and properly maintaining them, you can create a comfortable, inviting, and versatile outdoor oasis that reflects your personal style and meets your specific needs. So, whether you’re looking to entertain guests, relax with your family, or simply enjoy some alone time in nature, alfresco blinds are a valuable addition that will enhance your outdoor living experience for years to come and allow you to get one step closer to the great Australian dream.
Contact Designer Blinds and Plantations for a free consultation today!